Whether it’s as simple as choosing how to arrange your furniture or as complex as deciding on a theme for your living space while picking all the appropriate items, it never hurts to have a little help for your apartment in KC. Thankfully, our friends over at West Elm on the Country Club Plaza stopped by and shared advice and answered questions for residents and employees alike. Hosted in the model unit at the Ambassador (and featuring exquisite cheeses, wine and beer), West Elm’s Nkemdirim shared her recommendations as well as real world experiences and what to expect when you’re trying to design your apartment. We at Mac Properties would like to thank her for her time as well as the residents who joined us and brought with them some excellent questions on how to further their own apartment designs.
Here are some of the big takeaways from the night:
- Though it goes without saying, make sure the style is reflective of you. Don’t think a higher price denotes a better “style”.
- Don’t let carpeted floor stop you; you can use rugs on top of carpet so long as the colors are similar without blending.
- Incorporating something living (such as a plant) can help breathe some extra life into your home.
- Wall mounts are a lifesaver, especially when you’re working in a smaller space. Using them strategically to mount items can allow for extra staging space for more accessories.
- It’s great to have your walls decorated, but leave at least one blank or sparsely decorated; it helps to let your eyes “breathe”.
- Though there’s no single right way to go about it, she recommends starting with deciding upon how you want to color the walls, and then decide on decorations/accessories from there.
Thanks to Nkemdirim from West Elm for a fun and insightful night.
Stay tuned for more, there’s another design class in the works that should occur in March.
Leave a Reply